Pleco?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You would have to get a pleco that was already a minimum of 4 inches, as the blood parrot would slurp a smaller fish like spaghetti. I have two bristlenose plecos growing out a bit in my community tank until they're large enough to go into the parrot tank.

Personally, I don't think a pleco is right for you at the moment. You already have pictus, which require a larger school, if I'm not mistaken. That takes care of the bottom of your tank. The pleco would get run over.

Plus, your tank is pretty small for what you already have. You'll need a larger tank for the parrot and the pictus. The pictus really needs about a 55 gallon tank.

It's a great idea to do research on what would fit in that larger tank, but be sure not to purchase the stock until that new tank is up and cycled. Somehow our best laid plans to get a larger tank just don't happen when life gets in the way.

I have another question, I have had the blood parrot for about 5 months and it has only grown about a half an inch. It started at 1 1/2 and it is around 2 now. Should I be worried?

Blood parrots grow really slowly but they can eventually reach dinner plate size. It's not unusual for yours to have only grown a small amount.

Back
Top Bottom