pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nope, it's not just you. They love to hide (I think they may be nocturnal although I might have this fact mixed up with something else) and generally suction to surfaces to eat, so they don't do much free swimming although it is possible.

It depends on your pleco. Most of mine hide during the day, but the Rubber Lip moves around quite a bit.

I only see my common pleco when there's a really dim light on in the room. Whenever he (or she) hears the aquarium light click on, he'll dart into his cave before it even comes on (it's got about a 1 second delay). Smart lil guy.

I always get to see both of my bristle nose day and night. Those guys are always working and cleaning. I love my pleco's.

He's just adjusting to his new surroundings. When I first got my pleco, he stayed on the same back wall for 2 days and didn't eat. I thought he was dead. On the 3rd day he was moving all around the tank cleaning.

Give him sometime to acclimate to his new home.

For the first 3 or 4 weeks after I first put my clown pleco in, it was a rare treat to see him. I put some driftwood in there about 3 days after I bought him because I read it was a large part of his diet, and I was hoping I would see him more, but to no avail.

After about a month and I had finally gotten used to the idea I might never see this guy, POW I see him all the time! He is on his driftwood for hours and hours every day no matter if the light is on or not. At feeding time, I think the feeding frenzy bothers him a bit and he usually hides, but an hour later, he is out again eating algae off the glass and my decorations. He is still my favorite fish I have ever owned!

Paul

Mine swims around when he can't find food, but when he can, he'll be suctioned to that area for quite a bit.

Back
Top Bottom