Pleco bully

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

water12

Aquarium Advice Activist
So last week i noticed almost all my fish were pretty much hiding all the time, and thought either i needed to do a water change (which i did) or that one of them was pregnant. Well it's been 4 days and they are still hiding. All of my water conditions are normal i tested them twice now. But i just realized today that about the same time all my fish started to hide, my rubber lip pleco has become 10 more active than he normally was (usually only moved about at night) so now i've come to the conclusion of the possibility of him bullying all my other fish. He's 4 in long so he's definitely bigger than everyone else. If this sounds like what's going on what should I do? I don't have another tank to put him in, so i would have to sell him. or should i keep him in a container over night to see if the attitudes of the other fish change at all?? I just want them to act like themselves again enjoying the tank and swimming about!

I would but right now i'm strapped on cash (college student) so i decided to separate him for now. I think the other fish have noticed already, my tetras are swimming around more now, the platies are still holding back

Back
Top Bottom