pleco in fries' tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samak85

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello everybody.
Is it safe to put a pleco with swordtail fries in the same tank? Or he will eat them. The tank really needs it.
Thanks a lot guys

A lot depends on the size of the pleco and the size of the fry but normally pleco's don't bother fry. Well at least mine never did. BUT if you having an algae issue try correcting what is causing it first. Often algae comes from running lighting too long. Only run your lighting 6 hours daily and this will help keep algae down. Also do you know your nitrate reading? How often do you do WC's and how much water to you change out when you do them?

Well I do change half the water every week. The walls of the tank are getting a bit greenish. Also the tank is in a normally lighted area so I don't use lights . But unfortunately I can't get test equipment in my area where I live. So it's not a problem to place a small pleco there I guess.
I really thank you for the reply

Then adding a small pleco and just monitoring it is a good solution for you. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom