Pleco question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mr. Sprinkles you might want to get your eyes checked, and your plecos straight. This is my same l-200, but in the water. It is a female, and I believe the one in the picture you posted is male. I know what it is. Also, (buzz) incorrect, the correct answer goes to kuhli girl. Bushy and bristle are both prefixes that describe a wide variety of ancistrus species. They're very general. The only way to specifically describe an ancistrus is by it's scientific name.

Agreed.

*Now I'm starting to remember some names...
L200 stay small and don't grow very fast. I've never seen one over 5" or so. I had one in a 38 gallon for about a year, long ago. They're a bit pricey. Also, they hide a lot. I think you should get a bushynose just because they are more active and don't hide as much.

I looked it up and it says these Get to 10 inches. I really like them but if that is true I can't get one

I saw an albino BN Pleco today at PetCo. Only get to 5". Looked really cool and was only $3.99

Mr. Sprinkles you might want to get your eyes checked, and your plecos straight. This is my same l-200, but in the water. It is a female, and I believe the one in the picture you posted is male. I know what it is. Also, (buzz) incorrect, the correct answer goes to kuhli girl. Bushy and bristle are both prefixes that describe a wide variety of ancistrus species. They're very general. The only way to specifically describe an ancistrus is by it's scientific name.

See NOW it looks like an L200. :facepalm:
I can't call plecos when they're out of the water, apparently.

Back
Top Bottom