Power head idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Critter1990

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was just curious if any one has done this. I was thinking about attaching a spray bar type thing to my out put on a power head to get more movement in my tank. If so plz share pics or ideas

Did this to a mj400 to calm the flow.

Used a section of the spray bar from one of my canister filters. Plugged the end with some hot glue and attached it to the power head with a piece of vinyl tubing. Works great.

Attachments

• image-2932953086.jpg
    image-2932953086.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 74
Yea that's what I want to do. I have a mj1200 and its way to strong for my 55g. I just gotta find some type of tubing like that

Half inch PVC, or whatever size you like.
Drill holes.
Paint with Krylon Fusion if you like.

What's the outside diameter of the outlet for the mj1200?

Use a piece of PVC with the same outside diameter. Then use a piece of vinyl tube that has the same INSIDE diameter as the outside diameter of the outlet.

You could also just use a piece of stiff thick wall vinyl tube that will slip over the outlet of the power head. Drill some holes in it and seal one end with hot glue. Support it with suction cups.

Yes, it is safe. If you have doubts then use silicon, the same function is served.

Back
Top Bottom