Preparations for a Trip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ziggs180

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm leaving on a 3 Week trip to Seattle, and I want some feedback on what to do with my Fish tank. My parents are willing to feed my fish, but are definitely unwilling to perform a water change on my tanks. To solve this, I bought a cheap 1 Gallon bowl for my Betta and gave it to my Girlfriend to take care of til I get back, in which I will place my Betta back in the 5 Gallon.

My 46 Gallon, is my main concern. I have a densely planted dirted tank, which is moderatly stocked. I know Walstad-style plants can go a while without water changes, however Buffers might collapse. Would it be a good idea, a few days before i leave, to perform several back to back massive water changes of approximately 80%? Any other ideas would be very helpful.

Id just do one big wc the day before I left. Then as evaporation happens just get them to add the water back to it(treated of course). This should help with any buffers that have been removed by the plants.

Back
Top Bottom