prime question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

janeth0185

Aquarium Advice Regular
if i got 10 gallon how much prime do i use?? i been using bout 5-6 drops with like 25-30% water changes.is that ok?

To be more exact, 1 mL per 10 gallons. Also, while it is recommended to put the Prime in the bucket of new water, you can put it in the tank before you put in new water. However, this is only recommended for people who use python cleaning devices where the water goes straight from the tap to the sink. I would say if you have the chance to add it to the bucket, do it.

bud29 said:
To be more exact, 1 mL per 10 gallons. Also, while it is recommended to put the Prime in the bucket of new water, you can put it in the tank before you put in new water. However, this is only recommended for people who use python cleaning devices where the water goes straight from the tap to the sink. I would say if you have the chance to add it to the bucket, do it.

+1 i agree

i been adding the drops after i put the water in the tank...i have my aquarium next to my sink in the kitchen ( til i get a nice stand to put in my living room), so i really just never added it in a bucket first .is it bad to do this??if so ill guess ill use a bucket for the next time i do wter changes.

well if you properly use prime, and add it directly to the water then you are gonna be using 20 drops per pwc but if you add it to a bucket first (make sure it is about 1 gallons) you are only using 6 drops total.

well if you properly use prime, and add it directly to the water then you are gonna be using 20 drops per pwc but if you add it to a bucket first (make sure it is about 1 gallons) you are only using 6 drops total.

so can i use an empty gallon of water to measure???then pour in a bucket and put 2 drops?cuz isnt it 2 drops per 1 gallon?dont got the bottle in front of me

Ya or you could just put the 2 drops in to the gallon of water and then pour into the tank, it cuts out a step, but either way works. just make sure you have a way to measure out a gallon of tap water and then put 2 drops in and then add it to the tank, and then repeat.

Ya or you could just put the 2 drops in to the gallon of water and then pour into the tank, it cuts out a step, but either way works. just make sure you have a way to measure out a gallon of tap water and then put 2 drops in and then add it to the tank, and then repeat.

thanks.will do that from now on :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom