Problem!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeDaniels

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so I bought some cardinals about a week ago and a couple of days ago one just went missing (Just vanished) but I thought it would be ok, I woke up this morning looked in the tank and now there is one dead and one missing :/ so where did they go ? Does anybody have any ideas ? My tank consists of (now) 1 betta, 1 rainbow shark(large), 1 Chinese algae eater(large), 2 cardinal tetra(now), 1 glow light tetra and 2 cherry barbs.
Thankyou

Sorry about your fish. Have you check the filter? Same thing happened to me with one of my cardinals... That's where I found it... :(

Could be that he is just hiding. Another one of my cardinals hid for about a day and turned up the next morning looking happy and healthy! Hope you find your fish soon!

It's amazing how they can hide out. I lost a neon tetra for 2 days, then suddenly he turned up live & well! If he's nowhere to be seen, sadly the filter is the usual resting place. Hope he's just playing hard to get :)

Ok so he isn't in the filter :/ im thinking they may have been eaten bye either my rainbow shark or surprisingly my Chinese algae eater as he is very very aggressive :/

Ok so the other one that was lost today I found dead :/ so that's two fish that have died overnight :/ very confused. I am now worried that they were a bad batch from a LFS and what worries me further is that when I put those fish in due to my lack of concentration at the time I poured the LFS water from the bag In aswell :/

More then likely he died and your Chinese algae eater ate him!
also the other fish may of joined in. I have heaps of bottom feeders and if a fish dies they will not leave remains...

Back
Top Bottom