Puffer Community tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NotFishyFishGuy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all i finally got my South American puffers community tank. Ive had the tank for about 4 months now as an upgrade from my ten gallon, I have one adult swordtail, about 30 swordtail fry, 4 German blue rams, 3 juvenile golden algae, 1 adult golden algae eaters, 2 kuhli loaches, 2 mollies, 5 Cory cats, a peacock gudgeon, a female betta that i raised from an egg, an of course, the 4 amazon puffers. Surprisingly, everyone is doing great except on puffer that died from being sucked into my AWC. I have a fluval g6 filter on it, an apex unity with the DOS and ATK, 2 ai prime hd freshwater lights, and a mesh lid From Bulk Reef supply. There are a lot of plants there and rock and hiding spaces. 5 gallon water changes everyday and a 20 % change on the weekend. THere is a lot of algae so still trying to figure that out. They get fed around 2 or threee times a day frozen clams, frozen bloodworms, brine shrimp, and or Mysis. The puffer teeth are fine. Any thoughts anyone?

how big is your new tank? I do south American tanks it sounds like you add fish from many countries and continents. Have you considered a biotope?

how big is your new tank? I do south American tanks it sounds like you add fish from many countries and continents. Have you considered a biotope?

Sorry about the late reply, didnt realize i started this thread. I actually started one yesterday about a mudskipper i got. The tank is 60 gallons and yes i do add all types of fish lol. Hmmm what biotope were you thinking?

Back
Top Bottom