Puffer in a 5 gallon planted ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tommy10

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm setting up my planted 5 gallon tank and most likely will stock it with shrimp. Buttttt just another idea im thinking of is maybe a small puffer? I have no idea what do or what I would need IF I could of can get one. Can anyone fill me in?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I'm setting up my planted 5 gallon tank and most likely will stock it with shrimp. Buttttt just another idea im thinking of is maybe a small puffer? I have no idea what do or what I would need IF I could of can get one. Can anyone fill me in?

If you mean an indian dwarf puffer then that would be fine. But it would destroy shrimp. And they can be hard to feed.

Just any puffer I don't know much about any. I wouldn't put shrimp in with them unless I knew it was okay.

If you mean an indian dwarf puffer then that would be fine. But it would destroy shrimp. And they can be hard to feed.

Good advice. They really need to eat snails in the shell as a large part of the diet to keep their sharp little teeth in check. I kept a rescued one in a five gallon for over a year.

Cute but deadly little thing. Murderous.

So in theory with a lot of snails it could be done?

When I had my dwarf puffer I fed him frozen blood worms every day and gave him snails once a week to keep his beak down. I would get my snails from petsmart they would give me the pest snails for free

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So in theory with a lot of snails it could be done?

give him snails, crustaceans ect. as food every now and then and he should be fine in a five gallon as long as it is a smaller species.

give him snails, crustaceans ect. as food every now and then and he should be fine in a five gallon as long as it is a smaller species.

What kind of puffer for example?

Just one or could I get more?

Okay

Back
Top Bottom