Puffer wanted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mulch05

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I currently have a 200ltr bow front tank with a few fish in it looking to get a freshwater puffer if possible what's my options folks

So I currently have a 200ltr bow front tank with a few fish in it looking to get a freshwater puffer if possible what's my options folks
The small pea puffers are the easiest to care for (also called Malabar puffers). They are less aggressive than the larger ones. With puffers, you have to always be cocerned with teeth care. The need a good diet of snails (Ramshorn you can breed yourself),small crabs, and even small muscles. The RedEye is the best to start with. So is the Amazon Puffer. The Targe puffer is a good starter puffer, but you need to have moonlight setting to see it in action as it is nocturnal. Good tank mates for puffers are tetras and cory cats.

Well Im considering starting another tank up next to my 200 ltr but unsure or size for a dwarf puffer
One of the popular larger puffers is the Nile puffer but it can get up to 15 inches (38 cm) and that would get too large for a 200 ltr (52.8 gallons) tank. All puffers are extremely aggressive towards other fish, so I really do recommend a smaller speices.

I have a pea puff and shes totally awesome i wouldnt put pea puffs with any fish that can get fin nipped

Back
Top Bottom