Puffy dieting!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

New2me

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, not exactly...my very small juvenile freshwater dwarf puffer has now not eaten for about 7 days!!!

He is new, I saw him eat bloodworms in the lfs and he ate them when I got him home, he also showed interest and stalked the pond snails I put in for him.

Tank had nitrite spike and he lost his appetite...whilst doing twice daily water changes to manage this he almost landed down plug of bath!! He has not had an easy time :-(

I need to get him to eat...he is so skinny and must be weak. I have tried bloodworms, mosquito larvae, brine shrimp, normal raw cocktail shrimp....running out of ideas and he is running out of time, please help if you can???

I used long tweezers with the worm and shrimp but he doesn't pay any attention to the food, only head butts the tweezers :-/ I have dumped small amount of food in the tank and left him to it, still there next day, have held food in front of filter to alert him to it...nothing?!

ANY feeding tips greatly appreciated pls!! Getting desperate :-(

I have no experience with this, but I've heard other people talk about feeding garlic, or soaking food in garlic to get them to eat. I believe someone even makes a garlic supplement you can find at the pet store.
Maybe someone else can chime in with the specifics, or you could try googling it.
Sorry, that's all I've got...

I have no experience with this, but I've heard other people talk about feeding garlic, or soaking food in garlic to get them to eat. I believe someone even makes a garlic supplement you can find at the pet store.
Maybe someone else can chime in with the specifics, or you could try googling it.
Sorry, that's all I've got...

Willing to give anything a go!! Many thanks for your input :)

Back
Top Bottom