Pushy molly fry, too funny, had to share

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deitta

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have some baby balloon mollies that are approx 2 months old. The other day my husband was watching them and burst out laughing. One of these fry was chasing a full grown male around the tank! The adult out masses these fry easily by 50 to 1. Then this morning I say one chasing the dward gourami around, and his is slightly over 2"!!!! :p :lol:
There doesn't seem to be any agression or territorial behavior here, just chasing/following around. The the larger fish are just trying to get away from the annoying little kid who keeps asking "Why?" and won't take "Because!" as an answer. Too too funny. :D :eek: :lol:

*snickers*

I have the same prob with my angelfish fry. Poor dad keeps trying to find a quiet place to be alone, and they all follow him, picking on his big fins. You can just here them going "daddy daddy daddy daddy daddy daddy daddy daddy daddy" while he sighs in defeat.

i have got some white mollie frys...do yall not put them in another tank type thing? or atleast in a baby net dealy? that is what my LFS told me to do.

i have got some white mollie frys...do yall not put them in another tank type thing? or atleast in a baby net dealy? that is what my LFS told me to do.

kansas, Deitta's fry are 2 months old, and big enough to not get eaten by the others. As long as you provide plenty of hiding spots for your fry, they should be ok...

How old are yours?

I have given my fry many hiding places, but also kick anyone out who has shown fry munchie attacks. For example my opaline gourami, ate 5 fry in 2 minutes when I tried to put him in the same tank. He was yanked out as soon as I could catch him! :roll:
Beyond that, I found that the size of tanks I had (at the time) it was better to keep them in the main tank with filtration. So survival of the fittest! Or would that be the fastest? 8)

Back
Top Bottom