Question About Canister Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jweiner

Aquarium Advice Regular
I currently have a 20H setup with sand substrate. I have all "nano" fish in there including 6 Espie Rasboras, 4 Sparkling Gouramis and a few Pygmy Corys. I currently have an eLive AquaDuo HOB filter (picture attached), but I was thinking of switching to a canister filter since I have the sand bottom and also because I don't want any of my tiny fish to get sucked into the filter intake. I know nothing about canister filters, and was wondering if one would even be appropriate for my size tank (and be better than my HOB filter). If so, what would be the best option(s)? Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 40
I currently have a 20H setup with sand substrate. I have all "nano" fish in there including 6 Espie Rasboras, 4 Sparkling Gouramis and a few Pygmy Corys. I currently have an eLive AquaDuo HOB filter (picture attached), but I was thinking of switching to a canister filter since I have the sand bottom and also because I don't want any of my tiny fish to get sucked into the filter intake. I know nothing about canister filters, and was wondering if one would even be appropriate for my size tank (and be better than my HOB filter). If so, what would be the best option(s)? Any help would be much appreciated.
I think that this article will help you.

Back
Top Bottom