Questions about fish and tank size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouida404

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This forum has been so helpful, I'm really hoping I can get some advise on my current setup. Thru this forum I found out my small barbs are really rosy barbs that will get around 6". This seems like too much for my tank. I currently have one blue crawfish that never comes out, 7 cherry barbs (only 1 male), 3 neon black tetras, 2 gray cories, and the 4 rosy barbs. All in a 75g, semi-planted tank. I.still have the 1 white cloud, that i still plan to rehome. Before finding out the size of those rosy barbs, I had planned to increase each fish to at lease 6 for a school, and I wanted to add a pearl gourami as soon as I can get some type of floating plant to grow. Those playful rosy barbs ate the roots gone from my frogbit. So can anyone give me their thoughts on what I should do now?? If I can stick with my plan, or will my tank end up over crowded?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If I were you I'd get rid of the rosy barbs. But I also personally just dislike them. I had a large group of them, good male to female ratio, and they were just a pain to have. Extremely zippy and quick, pretty aggressive towards one another, fin nippers towards my other fish, and then impossible to catch when I got rid of them. Cool looking fish but extremely obnoxious.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

They are all over the place, but right now with everything so small and the tank so big, it's nice to SEE something move around. They are constantly picking at the plants and rocks, but not aggressive towards anyone, just hungry, lol. I'm just so upset that they will get so big. I looked them up by the name given at the pet shop, and really thought I was buying a peaceful 2-3" fish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think you'll be fine with them in a 75 gallon tank. Most places recommend 30-40 gallons for a school so you're giving them the good life.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom