Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adam Ellis

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all, first post here. Iv got a 120 litre tank with some German rams some pentazola barb, and neon tetra. I was thinking of adding some electric blue rams in there too. Would the rams get along or fight? I know it's usually best to add them all at the same time. Thoughts please?

I strongly suggest not doing it. I know people do it but as rams age especially pairs they tend to get very aggressive towards others of their own kind. I keep 2 pairs in a 220g 100% planted tank and they still get quite aggressive with each other.

I would have to advise against it as well especially because electric blue rams are more prone to stress related illnesses

Thanks I guys I will stick to to your advise. One more question do rams guard eggs?

Thanks I guys I will stick to to your advise. One more question do rams guard eggs?

They will..they will also be more aggressive during that time. They will use their bottom black fins to clean the eggs and they might even eat them too..just depends.

Back
Top Bottom