RCS stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I have a 1.8g nano tank for my RCS. I started with 4 and I now have over 200 just 1.5months later. I had to divide them up into all of my other tanks because as they grow they become quite crowded. Fully grown I will only keep a maximum of maybe 10 in the nano tank at any one time and provide lots of moss for them, they love moss!

I guess what I'm trying to say is the RCS will breed, HEAVILY, so have a plan for the excess shrimp once this happens because it WILL happen.

cheeky_monkey said:
Well I have a 1.8g nano tank for my RCS. I started with 4 and I now have over 200 just 1.5months later. I had to divide them up into all of my other tanks because as they grow they become quite crowded. Fully grown I will only keep a maximum of maybe 10 in the nano tank at any one time and provide lots of moss for them, they love moss!

I guess what I'm trying to say is the RCS will breed, HEAVILY, so have a plan for the excess shrimp once this happens because it WILL happen.

Hey if you ever wanna rehome any, feel free to send some my way ....... - hint - hint - lol

I think my question kind of hijacked this thread. The OP has a 2.5gallon tank and I asked about the two types of shrimp that I purchased for $1.00 each. So I don't think he has stocked his tank yet but I may have caused all this confusion, I'm sorry:(
From my inexperience, I will however offer that my 5 shrimp rcs and crs are doing great in a 10 gallon planted tank. The other 5 are in a larger tank and seem to hide more than anything. I would love to move them to the smaller tank but that seems to be an almost impossible task given the many plants and driftwood that they hide in.

Back
Top Bottom