Red Cherry Shrimp and plants Qs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
My RCS wont drop their eggs! I see them inside them but they refuse to drop them! Any suggestions? Also I have live plants I will be pruning. Should I drop the dead leaves on the substrate for the shrimp to munch on? Ive heard of people doing it with oak leaves.

A few weeks. Maybe a month for the first 3 I bought. They have saddles though... What about the plants?

sorry don't know about the plants! but if they have the saddles they SHOULD give birth in a few days. OR if they are stressed that could affect their pregnancy

They have had saddles for a LONG time! I wonder if I only have females! It wont hurt them to hold the eggs until I grow a male will it?

well if there already prego i don't see why a male would affect them but i was wondering if there any other fish in the tank?

There are twelve pygmy cories, 2 otos, and various snails.

The eggs hatched!! How long until I can see the shrimp and how long till they are sexually mature?

you should be able to see them as soon as they hatch since they are live birth. They are really tiny though, like really really tiny. I usually dont see mine unless they are on a leaf or something for contrast.

I think it takes 3 or 4 months for them to get near adult size.

ugg I was hoping it would go quicker. Ok. I saw them twice but they are tiny and almost completely clear lol

Back
Top Bottom