Rehoming???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmny34

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm going to be rehoming everything in my 10 gallon tank to my 29 and 30. Just wondering if anybody has any suggestions on the best way to do this!

10 gallon stock:
2 glo skirt tetras
2 pristella
1 dalmation Molly
1 bn pleco

I'm also upping the schooling of each tetra to 6.

Another question I have is how the heck do I catch danios so I can take them back??? I cycled with 5 of them and now want to take em back but I cannot catch them!!! Is there any good way to do this without stressing the other fish???

If your 10 gallon is running good (ie no diseases, fungus, infections). I would drain the water from the 10 into the 30 add new water treated with prime until full. move the old filter media into the new filter and if the substrate is the same take some of the old substrate and move it to the new. This will move over a good amount of good bacteria and lesson cycling considerably.

The danios should be easier to catch with less water in the tank with less water in it.

If your 10 gallon is running good (ie no diseases, fungus, infections). I would drain the water from the 10 into the 30 add new water treated with prime until full. move the old filter media into the new filter and if the substrate is the same take some of the old substrate and move it to the new. This will move over a good amount of good bacteria and lesson cycling considerably.

The danios should be easier to catch with less water in the tank with less water in it.

All of my tanks are cycled already!

oh in that case scoop them out into a bucket with water from the original 10 gallon and drip water from the 30 to acclimatize. Then net them and put them in your 30. its pretty simple. As far as catching your danios it just takes patience

oh in that case scoop them out into a bucket with water from the original 10 gallon and drip water from the 30 to acclimatize. Then net them and put them in your 30. its pretty simple. As far as catching your danios it just takes patience

Ok ill try that! Thanks for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom