Repashy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dirt Diggler

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anyone messed around with the Repashy Super Foods for their fish? I'm seeing this stuff, and I'm an NLS guy myself, but I'd like to hear from someone who has actually used it.

Yep. I was a Beta tester. My fish and shrimp LOVE them. They don't float, but are great foods with good ingredients.

I was looking for something for my African cichlids, syno cats, and plecos. The Soilent Green one keeps popping up. I have NLS which is fantastic food, but I'm not sure how much my bottom feeders are getting.

I was looking for something for my African cichlids, syno cats, and plecos. The Soilent Green one keeps popping up. I have NLS which is fantastic food, but I'm not sure how much my bottom feeders are getting.

I used all of them. The S Green was great for my Otos and Shrimp.
This is a video taken with my old phone. Ignore the music. http://youtu.be/9cXselsTs5Y

I feed my africans,synos,bettas, crawfish, snails n otos repashy.
I have meat pie , soilent green, community plus, n i think the other one is super green ?? I just mix my own community mix with 2 parts solient green 1 meat pie and 1 part of the super green or whatever it is .. my snails tear it my africans luv it and thr crawfish fight over it

Just today for the first time, I fed my fish the community plus repashy. Two half inch cubes in my 60g. The tank is a big endler colony with five west african p. taeniatus moliwe. They seemed to love it and worked the cubes all day long. All gone after about five hours and everyone looks lively and happy. Easy to prepare but the smell is intense. Only day one, but it looks like a winner to me.

This looks like a winner. Maybe it will challenge NLS for the fish food crown. I'll experiment with a mix and post results!

It also challenges NLS in high prices :hide: NLS isn't TOO bad, but repashy is noticeably more expensive. I don't doubt it's quality, I'm just not sure if the extra price is justifiable, when you can get lots of other high quality flakes and pellets for a lower price. But go ahead and try, I'll be interested to see the results.

It also challenges NLS in high prices :hide: NLS isn't TOO bad, but repashy is noticeably more expensive. I don't doubt it's quality, I'm just not sure if the extra price is justifiable, when you can get lots of other high quality flakes and pellets for a lower price. But go ahead and try, I'll be interested to see the results.

The price is pretty high, but from what I've read, it yields quite a bit of gel. I'm curious as to the performance difference.

Also keep track of any algae breakouts please.

I went over to NLS for 3Xs a week feedings and have had horrible algae issues (no, I don't over-feed either)

I bought the small 2oz bags of repashy back in dec and still have enough to cover this year for sure if not longer.. i got a sample deal of 4 2oz bags for $32 im pretty sure but to me its worth it all of my tank inhabitants seem to prefer it and i noticed when fed to fry them grow faster then ones i fed omega one and hikari.. i mix mine and place it in a ice cube tray to set then use prolly 4 cubes a week but i have 5 tanks using it .. i smash mine in kinda small pieces with a spoon then pour a garlic supplement over it ziploc it and stick in the fridge .. after the 4 cunes any left over are scooped out put whole in a freezer bag and dated as.they are good 6mths frozen.. mine dont last that long .. the smell is horrible especially if you microwave it i prefer heating water on the stove then pouring in my powder that i already have in a cup it limits the smell that way...

Also i noticed when i dont feed repashy i seem to go through more food then if i only used repashy but that could be just me . And my red fish seems to pop with morr color when fed repashy over other foods ...

Never had any algae problems or any molded food or anything lile that using repashy bc it turns back to liquid if it stays more then 48hrs which mine never last more then a few minutes as they swarm it ..

Does anyone think it may not be safe to give a small square to a tank with a betta in it? I read that bettas are pigs... like goldfish, eat till they die? xD I would like to try this stuff though. Stock would be 10 rili shrimp, 4 snails, and the betta. Maybe if I broke it up into tiny bits... but then would it really be any different then just feeding Hikari betta gold?

Does anyone think it may not be safe to give a small square to a tank with a betta in it? I read that bettas are pigs... like goldfish, eat till they die? xD I would like to try this stuff though. Stock would be 10 rili shrimp, 4 snails, and the betta. Maybe if I broke it up into tiny bits... but then would it really be any different then just feeding Hikari betta gold?

Try a small amount. Bettas prefer floating foods, but mine will pick at stuff on the bottom if he's really hungry. And IME they are pigs, but mine haven't ever killed themselves.

Back
Top Bottom