Sailfin Plec

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wizzard~Of~Ozz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, I have a Sailfin Plec, I know he is (excellent temperment, except he hates my plants, particularly anubias nana, the one behind his tail is uprooted :roll: )

Could anyone tell me the L Number of this one? I can't find a good picture of a red sailfin and I think because of the colour in his tail and sail that he may be.

click for very large image
any help is appreciated finding out what kind of gibby this is.

Hmm, I've checked planet catfish and they have the same pictures for all the varients of gibbiceps.. :(

Formerly known as: Pterygoplichthys gibbiceps.

Also known as: L083a, L083b, L083c, L083d, L164, and L196.

L196 and L083 have the same pics on planet catfish., there is no picture for L164

i just want to say what a beautiful fish he is.. i love when my large pleco swims in the tank with his fin up like that.. it just makes them look so nice :)

thanew said:
i just want to say what a beautiful fish he is.. i love when my large pleco swims in the tank with his fin up like that.. it just makes them look so nice :)

ditto! Yours looks very healthy too!

He swims very gracefully with the lights out, keep meaning to make some moon lights so I can see him swimming around better(8 Blue LED's for 3 Watts of light can be made for less then 20$)

You'ld never know he was graceful by the uprooted plants I get (tho they seem to be stayin down now *touch wood*

Back
Top Bottom