Scape help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
My tank looks awful. Help! I know the whole rule of thirds thing, specifically what should I do to fix it?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Maybe just a background ? or is it between 2 rooms so that you want to see it from all sides. And by the way I do not think it looks awful. Maybe a couple of taller plans in the back corners? Alison:)

What's up with it :S lol it look good to me. Id put more plants in and maybe another bit of wood in or some rocks. But its what you think is good that maters experiment different design.

There's a paper background on but it doesn't want to cooperate. Any plant recommendations?

So how's everyone like my scape? ;)

I rescaped I'll post when it clears

What do you guys think?
Anyone?

I would put your plants in groups and try to find some Amazon swords which can be larger. What do you have in the tank other than guppies? As someone said, a few stones around the bottom looks nice. My Petsmart has some nice smooth stones...

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I did move the sword in the middle to the side with the others, but it won't hold down.

I have two female GBR, 5 cories, and 5 rummies along with nerite snails.

I like your driftwood, can't tell if it has areas the fish can hide in... The Rams need places to hide. I have a hollow log mine liked, not real. After you bury the sword roots, anchor them using something to hold them down, a decoration or stone. I made a cave using stones and a flat piece of decoration and glued it all together with aquarium cement.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I like it: D. All I'd do is put some taller plants in at the back and as fishliker said maybe some rocks around the bottom.

I'd move the driftwood to the right, add a small pile of rocks to the left, and organize the plants.

Make a lot of triangles that have their points at one of the 1/3 marks. Distribute similar plants in a thoughtful way. Look at the tank from above and consider the thirds thing too.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

I agree with all of the suggestions. A few more tall plants in the back and some more short ones in the front, maybe some rocks on either side. I really like the moss balls too. I think they add an interesting element to the plant life. I've ordered some plants to float on the top of my tank. I think you're off to a great start!

Sent from my RCT6378W2 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom