Schooling fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieKlein

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just want some good suggustions as for fish. I really want tight schoolers, but somewhat loose is good! Name as many as ya can! It's a 37 gallon tank, and can't become food for an angelfish!!! Also, I'm planning on rumynose!! List-away

Hatchets were always my go to for "things angels won't eat"
Depending on the size of the angels, harlequins work well
Barbs (specific species depending on size of angels)

I don't know how many you can get in your tank size, but silver dollars like to shoal.

My 10 gallon:

green neon tetras
yellow Furcata Rainbows

my 55 gallon:

Blue neon tetras
rummynose
red coral platys

hope that helps. I'd say the green neons or the rummynose are tightest schoolers

From what I've heard, rummynose are the tightest grouping "schoolers" around. You're already planning on them as stock so.... are you looking for a second as well?

Yes I'm looking for a 2nnd. It's a 37 gallon, and I was planning on 12 neon for a 2nd school but don't want them to get eaten. I will get the angel as small as poasible

Bloodfin tetras.

A great choice. Active fish that school well. Although I'm not sure if you'll want them as they don't bring much color to the tank (the Rummynose cover all the areas a Bloodfin would).

Neons or Cardinals can form semi-loose shoals. I have never kept them with Angels but I've seen it done without the Angels eating them.

You could look at the other body shape for Tetras. Fish like Lemon Tetras will give you a different body shape as well as color in your tank.

Back
Top Bottom