Scratch or worse?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ImBettaThanCool

Aquarium Advice Activist
So theres this line on my fluval chi betta tank. It seems to be a deep scratch on the inside of the tank. I've had the tank for a few months now and have had no leaks or problems at all. The scratch seems to be deep enough that light can make it shine if viewed at a certain angle, but still not deep enough to cut through the glass and become a crack. Is this something to be worried about? Should I do something?

Virtually all tanks get scratches. Whether it be from pushing gravel around during cleaning, a piece of gravel underneath the glass magnet, or accidently scraping the glass with decorative rocks.

I've got a 20 y.o. Oceanic tank with numerous scratches on the bottom portion. Still doing fine. Scratches, no worries. Cracked, new tank usually required.

Last edited by a moderator:
My little girl put a few scratches on my 75 gallon. (Not too happy about it, but it happens) I used toothpaste with tarter control. Might have to do it a few times. But it does lighten it up a lot. Put a good amount on, rub in circles(both ways) with a micro fiber cloth, or a soft no lint cloth. Let it dry about 10-15 mins. And wipe off with new dry cloth. Do as many times as needed. Or let it be a reason to get a bigger tank. Laugh! ? Ha! Ha!

Back
Top Bottom