Secret Nipper?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a picture, I'll upload it right now. You can't see it, but its body is gray with pink spots.

here's the snail with the hillstream loach cleaning its back.

Attachments

• P4210858.jpg
    P4210858.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 75
Yeah he's awesome, I have a gold one, I want a blue, black, and now purple one, they, plus my 4 cories, plus my bristlenose keep my tank freshhh

how are they on the bio load? i.e. would i be better off getting 2 or 3 snails instead of a pleco?

I thiink its about the same, but I'm not a pro on snails...I have a pleco and 2 snails..I want a thirs..I suspect there good on the bio,oad

It's not about the same whatsoever, actually! =] 2 or 3 snails have a miniscule fraction of the bioload of a pleco. A pleco is the messiest fish other than goldfish, maybe messier. Snails do have a bioload, but not like that.

Ah, i see... but what about clean up effectiveness... How many snails would I need to cover the pleco's job?

Id say get like 3 or 4 for. A ten gal, and maybe some shrimp also lol, snails are good but they go where they feel like it, and won't do a consistant job all the time..or at least mine won't.. he's too lazy

And they get REALLY lazy when mating I have discovered. I now have a clutch of blue mysteries, and am expecting another soon...oy!

Back
Top Bottom