Severe MTS, is there a cure?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cinnamaldehyde

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a severe case of MTS. Is the only way to cure it to get more tanks?

I need at least 2 more tanks in order to be able to function again, a Malawi cichlid tank, and a larger paludarium.

My LFS thinks I'm some kind of creep because I'm in there ALL THE TIME. My sister thinks it's weird that I voluntarily go over to clean her tank. I spend time analyzing my fishes' diets. And 90% of my time online goes to fish related searches.

Now I know why people have entire fish rooms!

Anyone else suffer?

Unfortunately there is no cure... The only remedy is more tanks. I'm so sorry.. ;)

I'll admit it to. I'm an addict. I find myself often thinking "hmm what kind of fish should be in the next tank?" I even just joined the local tropical fish owners club. Kind of cool to sit with fifty other people who have mts

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium

where do you keep your tanks, I am dying to get a million but tell myself that less tanks look less cluttered. And then the fish you have get more attention from you, I am sure they love you sitting and staring at them for hours instead of splitting your time :)

I started this hobby in late Nov of last year and I am now going on 3 tanks, plus my roomies tank and another tank he wants for cichlids. :)

Let's see, there are three tanks in the living room, one in my daughters room and one in the dining room. None in the family room...... Yet

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium

No cure. I thought I was over it... Then I got into planted aquariums. Oh my... If you don't want more tanks, do NOT get in to plants! I'm trying to justify selling a couch to make room for another tank because of plants.

Currently running 8 tanks from 5-150 gallons. My wife thinks I'll flood the basement when she's not home and turn in into a 10,000 gallon tank, so no there's no hope.

I only have 12 tanks running currently, will be setting up another 40 breeder and a 125 this weekend. Not quite a fish room, but getting there slowly.

I've just contracted the disease. It started with a Betta in a bowl followed by four others, then a Betta in a ten gallon, my current Betta, and my most recent first community tank. It will contain:

6 zebra danios (check)
6 male guppies
4 panda Cory cats
1 bn pleco

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

Breaking News:

They've found a cure for MTS. You need to buy more tanks! Wait, that's only fueling the addiction. But hey, it works for me!

Yeah, that'd be a cure! Then the ocean pressure will be too much and kill you. Then you spend forever in a natural aquarium!!

Whew... at least I'm not alone. I cruise Kijiji (like craigslist) for setups, though I don't really know what I would do with them if I got them.

mfdrookie516 said:
No cure. I thought I was over it... Then I got into planted aquariums. Oh my... If you don't want more tanks, do NOT get in to plants! I'm trying to justify selling a couch to make room for another tank because of plants.

Im in the same boat, I have 4 tanks already now Im getting into planted so of course another tank :)... I think we should start an AA for AA members with MTS,12 steps and all lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Aquarium

The key is to find a nice house with a nice basement where you can setup the tanks and then when you do get into a disagreement about anything (be it getting more tanks) you can just go down to the watery man cave lol. Or get the gf/wife involved and set her up with her own tank (worked for me)

The key is to find a nice house with a nice basement where you can setup the tanks and then when you do get into a disagreement about anything (be it getting more tanks) you can just go down to the watery man cave lol. Or get the gf/wife involved and set her up with her own tank (worked for me)

Haha yeah that worked for me. My gf thought I was nuts for getting a 75g freshwater for new world cichlids after we already had a 40 breeder marine tank FOWLR. Well she was fine with those, but I wanted to start a planted tank and she really thought I had MTS.

Well I've been trying to convince her to move her betta out of the tiny bowl and into something bigger. It didn't work for a few days until she saw the Viquarium product that Tetra sells, and a betta hanging out in the water portion of a display terrarium. We already had an empty 29 in the closet so it was cheap to setup. Now we have some Neons Tetras, Betta, and a newt. Now I'm starting to think she has MTS muhahaha

TommyLiNy said:

Watery MAN cave? What about us ladies involved? You don't think that the boyfriends or hubbies could try to say no?

Back
Top Bottom