Should I Do This?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Twoapennything

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a few spots of brown algae starting to grow in my tank, and earlier this week I had to clean off a bit of what looked to be blue-green algae. Should I just scrub the algae off with a scrubby pad and keep doing that, or will that make the problem worse? Will the filter catch the algae that I scrub off? I also have an anti-algae product by Tetra that I can use. What do you think?

Small amounts of algae is normal, and manual removal is best. I don't like to use chemicals in my tanks .... <Also be careful of algaecides ... some are copper based, which will kill inverts - shrimps & maybe even snails.>

:zook::gangsta::zook::gangsta: KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!

No really, BGA sucks, but it's pretty easily to remove manually (it stays in a nice sheet if you do it gently).

Thanks, guys, for the replies. I'll just remove the algae manually. It's not a huge amount. But last time it started small and then took over the entire tank with brown, blue, and green sludge. I just want to avoid that.

Back
Top Bottom