Should I start up a temporary tank? Talk me into it or out of it.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Homer8

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I have not had a tank in 2 years since my heater malfuntioned and killed my brackish tank. I am currently living at home with my parents and gf and will be for about a year until we save up money for a house.

About my old tank:
It was a 29 gallon brackish tank with 2 levels so I could have the mudskipper out of water.

Stocking list:
1 Mudskipper
1 "Freshwater Flounder" (neither freshwater nor a flounder)
1 figure 8 Puffer
6 BBGs

What I am thinking for my temporary tank is have the same thing minus the mudskipper. He was my favorite fish i ever had but my plan for when I get a house is to have 2 tanks one 55 gallon with brackish fish and another tank size to be determined later(probably 40 gal breeder) with mudskippers and fiddler crabs.

I have tank fever right now and im jonesing for a fix.

Here is a picture of my old set up (gf made me go spongebob theme) I plan on using the same exact tank put filling it all the way up. Even keeping the platform in there but have it fully submerged.

37704-albums9736-picture39455.png

37704-albums9736-picture39456.png

I Would get mudskippers.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The reason i am not getting mudskippers is because i plan on getting them all at once and i want to get about 6 of them. I also want to have an established brackish tank first so i can seed their tank and prep it for their arrival. If i do get a mudskipper i will only get 1 or 2 at the moment. Although they are great for tanks that are not 100% establish because they spend most of their time out of water.

****! now i want a mudskipper again.

Makes sence. I would defiantly set the tank back up. You already have the material. Maintenance is usually cheap.

Makes sence. I would defiantly set the tank back up. You already have the material. Maintenance is usually cheap.

My girlfriend told me I can only set it back up if i paint the stand black and switch the white sand out for black sand. i just hope I can find black sand. I am also not looking forward to cycling the tank. Its always my least favorite part because im so impatient

I like the color of the wood finish. But she's the boss. Could you get seeded filter media from someone? I'm terrible at cycling tanks properly. I've. Never killed a fish by this but I usually just fill the tank with water. Wait a couple of weeks then add fish. I was able to seed my new 55g with old media just a couple of weeks ago.

The fish store i go to has there brackish fish in brackish water. I may pick up 2 BBGs and a a used filter. Ill see if they will let me do that. I hate cycling but id rather be safe than sorry when it comes to brackish.

Back
Top Bottom