Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have three little Red Cherry Shrimps and Amano with Pearl Gourami and Red Tailed Shark in one tank. So far I didn't see any issues. There's plenty of plants though and a bit of a Java Moss so plenty of hideout space.

senemedar said:
I have three little Red Cherry Shrimps and Amano with Pearl Gourami and Red Tailed Shark in one tank. So far I didn't see any issues. There's plenty of plants though and a bit of a Java Moss so plenty of hideout space.

Oh good! I just realized my pearls never bother my rcs. The rcs sometimes swim up and smack them in the face, and the pearls go hide!

Cleggat that shrimp you got looks fierce!

Indeed he is, my family members worry about him escaping and eating them! :nono: They're not the ones that sleep with the tank beside their pillow (literally) lol but hey that's why we have padlocks :lol:

Sisserydoo said:
Ummm....what? Just a little variety maybe?

I'm not quite sure if there is a primary purpose of the shrimp , no hard feelings i'm new to all of this and learning !

I'm not quite sure if there is a primary purpose of the shrimp , no hard feelings i'm new to all of this and learning !

First they clean your tank but they are like fish they don't really have a purpose they are fun to keep and watch!

watch this youtube video
(not my tank)

I've been wanting to get some ghost shrimp for both my tanks, but now I don't know. I would be upset if the fish ate the shrimp, but way more upset if the shrimp ate the fish!

Ive seen mine grab a fry and take off with it. I intervened with a chopstick, but I hold no delusions about how it would have ended.

One of my Cherries decides it's big enough to have a wander around the tank :)
I love my shrimps, even the Monster ones!!

Attachments

• image-525843974.jpg
    image-525843974.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 69
I have several ghost shrimp and I swear they are almost as fun as to watch as my fish! They are really beneficial to my tank since they can stick their hands deep in the substrate and clean up the mess my fish leave behind. Although you do have to watch out because I had a guppy die and within 20 minutes they devoured over half of him. Poor guy. But overall they are great to have IMO.

pleechford said:
I have several ghost shrimp and I swear they are almost as fun as to watch as my fish! They are really beneficial to my tank since they can stick their hands deep in the substrate and clean up the mess my fish leave behind. Although you do have to watch out because I had a guppy die and within 20 minutes they devoured over half of him. Poor guy. But overall they are great to have IMO.

Shrimp are so cool when you feed them, especially when there in a massive tank.; You put a shrimp pellet in on the opposite side of the tank,
the pellet sinks down,
the shrimp is facing the wrong way,
the shrimp turns round,
the shrimp does a marathon skuttle to the pellet,
the shrimp grabs the pellet with its many arms,
the shrimp runs off in dark spot to eat the pellet all to itself.
:D

Hi thanks for the comments (y) funnily enough some are red,one is even a jet black:eek: but most are transparent:) The lady i got them from said as they breed they revert back to there original colour? I shall get some photo's of the rearing tank - its getting rather crowded!:dance::eek:

Back
Top Bottom