Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

archie.atkinson

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Do you have shrimp?

I want to know how popular they are because i love them.

Please post photos or advice or anything.

Hopefully we can get more people into them!

Thanks

SHRIMP ARE THE BEST!!!!! You cannot beat shrimp! I love them! Start out with RCS (Red Cherry Shrimp) as they are the second cheapest shrimp I know of and VERY hardy and fast breeders. ALOT of people start with them. I have some and want to upgrade to blue tigers :)

theyre great, i got 7 rcs, 7 rainbow, 2 black bee, 2 glass and 2 bamboo

I would be careful with the grass/glass/ghost shrimp because they can and will hunt small fish.

Red cherry Shrimp are awsome tank mates for any type of livebearer fry :) they almost act ike aunties and uncles, and will never attack fish. They eat waste food that could potentially foul the water :) plus they reproduce efficiently and can withstand hard water conditions.
Shrimp all the way :)

SHRIMP ARE THE BEST!!!!! You cannot beat shrimp! I love them! Start out with RCS (Red Cherry Shrimp) as they are the second cheapest shrimp I know of and VERY hardy and fast breeders. ALOT of people start with them. I have some and want to upgrade to blue tigers :)

cool i got some yellow shrimp. And in another tank one rcs!

My 'amano shrimp' well atleast I bought it being told it was (he was smaller than an amano when I got him!) he's now 10 inches from tail to claw and growing like a weed! Here's a few pics I took last month, just a warning to you all beware of the beasts in disguise.

32059-albums2167-picture17582.jpg

32059-albums2167-picture17580.jpg

My ghosties ate my livebearer fry....

ONE of my ghost shrimp ate 5 of my perfectly healthy corydoras', the thing was I never thought it was her I blamed my poor eel so I took the ghost shrimp out with the corys to a QT to 'keep them safe' then I caught her in the act one day.

You'd need to be ready for it attacking you lol, mine has cut me before, but I must admit I like keeping him as a pet.

Last edited:
Hi me only recently got into shrimps:) Got some of a lovely lady on another forum:hide: she sent me 20 shrimps,i now have lost count of how many i have:eek:. Not sure what type they are but they are obviously happy as i see more every night:dance: I also have a 'temporary' two foot tank for the babies that i had in the filter {yes they get everywhere:eek:}I shall try and get some better photo's,but here's one for now:)

Attachments

• shrimp6 (Large).jpg
    shrimp6 (Large).jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 129
My 'amano shrimp' well atleast I bought it being told it was (he was smaller than an amano when I got him!) he's now 10 inches from tail to claw and growing like a weed! Here's a few pics I took last month, just a warning to you all beware of the beasts in disguise.

32059-albums2167-picture17582.jpg

32059-albums2167-picture17580.jpg

thats a long armed shrimp i think not a Amano shrimp.

Hi me only recently got into shrimps:) Got some of a lovely lady on another forum:hide: she sent me 20 shrimps,i now have lost count of how many i have:eek:. Not sure what type they are but they are obviously happy as i see more every night:dance: I also have a 'temporary' two foot tank for the babies that i had in the filter {yes they get everywhere:eek:}I shall try and get some better photo's,but here's one for now:)

They're red cherry shrimp, congratz on breeding them (y)

thats a long armed shrimp i think not a Amano shrimp.

Yes he's for sure not an amano! But he does not have the colouration/patterns of a young long armed prawn :/ which leaves me confused at the species, maybe a hybrid.

i think they are Red cherrry shrimp.. are they red all over like this
redcherry (1).jpg

here is one of the shrimp i got a few days ago and he/she is only 1-2cm big
IMG_20111211_210223.jpg
can you see him at the edge of the cave

And does any one know how to sex(tell what gender) yellow shrimp?

thanks

Back
Top Bottom