Shrimp or Cories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I might stop at the fish store tonight and take a look at some cories. I am leaning towards them in lieu of the shrimp.

jrcoolt said:
I might stop at the fish store tonight and take a look at some cories. I am leaning towards them in lieu of the shrimp.

Shrimp are truly awesome to keep. I don't wanna scare you away from them in the future. They just require specific tank mates or a species tank. Hope you find some good Corys!

I think shrimp are better cleaners. They will eat anything including dead fish. Cory's are good little scavangers, they go around and play on the bottom and do a good job of stirring stuff up so that the power filter can get it, but when it comes to eating, sometimes they just swim along with your fish and eat the food right from the top (or middle) of the tank. Pletco's are better scavengers, they will eat algae too. But they do get big and poop alot. just my 2 cents. Go with the Shrimp id say. Or get them all. haha

I suppose you could try some Ghost Shrimp. They are cheap so if they get hunted it won't be a huge deal. They are also larger Caridina and Neocaridina species (unless you count Amanos). This would make them less a target from your fish.

Would deffinatly go with the cory cats. Much less to worry about. With the shrimp they could be eaten by the fish or injured. Certain chemicals can't be used with shrimp. I think the Cory cats would be a better option :)

Pandas are my favorite!
IMO they do best in a school of 5 minimum. They stick together alot more. In the wild they shoal in like the 1000s.
Idk if you have room for 5 though. Those plecos are poop machines

Back
Top Bottom