Shrimp stocking question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitbasher

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 10 gallon with three panda cories and two apistogrammas. I am wondering if I could add a filter shrimp to this tank. The local stores only have ghost shrimp and bamboo shrimp. Even though the Apisto's are only an inch long I worry that the ghosts may be a snack. I dont think anyone in this tank could take down a bamboo shrimp. I do not have any experience with shrimp, so if anyone could share their opinions.

The tank currently is a gravel substrate with driftwood and fake plants. I am soon to begin venturing into plantkeeping in my tanks, but I have not made the jump yet.

I would get some ghost shrimp to test. Around here, they are only 17cents each. If your apisto's dont bother then, then maybe get some bamboo shrimp. I personally havent kept bamboo, but I hear they are good for algae control. I have about 60 ghost shrimp in my planted 125gal, and I think they do a pretty good job of keeping down the amount of detrius and rotting leaves.

Back
Top Bottom