Shrimp tank size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leikela

Aquarium Advice Activist
I never see my shrimpies in the bigger tanks so I'd quite like a small shrimp-only tank so I can keep some CRS. What's the ideal size for a tank for them? I assume they'll need filters/heaters? Does it need to be heavily planted from the start or can I get more plants later on?

leikela said:
I never see my shrimpies in the bigger tanks so I'd quite like a small shrimp-only tank so I can keep some CRS. What's the ideal size for a tank for them? I assume they'll need filters/heaters? Does it need to be heavily planted from the start or can I get more plants later on?

Five gallons is wonderful. But if you're stretched on space, shrimp don't mind 2.5 gals.

My LFS has some awesome caridina serratirostris so I'm going to research them some more while I set up the tank, otherwise I think I'll go with CRS or RCS as a nice contrast to the green plants :)

Great links, thanks! Shame they can't breed in freshwater, may have to look into some tankmate shrimp for them :)

leikela said:
Great links, thanks! Shame they can't breed in freshwater, may have to look into some tankmate shrimp for them :)

No problem! Yeah some other shrimp would be good too!

Back
Top Bottom