Silver Dragon Gobies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ilovemydragongoby

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Has anyone heard of these Silver Dragon Gobies? i saw a few of them at my lfs. but they don't look anything like the violet dragon goby. their face looks a bit different. i've read in place that there is no difference, but i've seen them and it looks like theres a huge difference lol

i've seen arowanas. i'm pretty sure its not a kind of arowana.
i guess i can't say it doesnt like anything like a violet goby. they have the same body, but a different head.
i tried searching them on the net and i got nothing. when i google "silver dragon goby" the only results i get are for the violet goby, dragon goby and silver bullet goby. i know it wasnt a bullet because it was in freshwater, and he was very thin, like the width of my baby fingers...lol like a cm thick?

well it had a similar face of the knight goby, but the body for more like the violet dragon goby.
who knows...can gobies interbreed...maybe it was a mix of something i dunno, lol...i just thought it was weird

I have not a clue. You could have been able to tell if it was a arowana as it would have been moving a tona and at the top. A knight goby is a good guess and no they cant inter-breed. A pic would help.

i know i shouldve grabbed a pic, but i was too distracted with my two kids running around my feet saying "mommy look at the fishies" lol but it seriously had the face of the knight but the body of the dragon

Those gobies are Apocryptes bato . They are from India primarily. Very interesting fish. They prefer to burrow in sand and, while being related to mudskippers, do prefer to stay completely submerged. I am keeping several in freshwater at the moment and they are doing well.

Back
Top Bottom