Small/nano schooling fish suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jefferzbooboo said:
Check out Aquabid.com. With shipping I just got some for about $5.50 a piece and that's with shipping worked into the price. I've ordered plenty of things from Aquabid.

Yeah I've purchased a few bettas from there before I'll def look them up on it though and see what I can find thanks

Scarlet Badis and CPD Celestial Pearl Danios will "hunt" and eat baby shrimp. I just recently purchased White Mountain Cloud Minnows.

Really reasonably priced and pretty, but mine stay very close to the top of the tank and seem to love my heavily planted shrimp tank. Have 8 and it seems like they group off most of the time, but I do have both males and females.

There is a long fin version...really pretty long fins!

And don't want to eat your shrimp! Your Rasboras should be fine though you should have a some good plant/moss cover for the shrimp. I also have Boraras Brigittae in a different shrimp tank.

Scarlet Badis and CPD Celestial Pearl Danios will "hunt" and eat baby shrimp. I just recently purchased White Mountain Cloud Minnows.

Really reasonably priced and pretty, but mine stay very close to the top of the tank and seem to love my heavily planted shrimp tank. Have 8 and it seems like they group off most of the time, but I do have both males and females.

And don't want to eat your shrimp! Your Rasboras should be fine though you should have a some good plant/moss cover for the shrimp. I also have Boraras Brigittae in a different shrimp tank.

Any fish that can fit a shrimp in it's mouth will eat it.

Autumnsky said:

Yeah I'm just gonna stick with my hengels and neons for the schools they have been fine so far and so have my two platies. All 8 red cherrys accounted for :) they haven't had there babies yet tho, I have quite a few plants and java moss for them to hide in. I'm about to go and pick up 5 or 6 crystal red shrimp from a hobbyist in my area I'm very excited. I tested the water this morning before I knew I was getting them, everything was perfect. I just did a 30% water change anyway in preparation of there safe arrival can never be too safe :) I tend to do a water change the day I'm gonna add new fish just incase.

I also do a pwc before a new addition.

Have fun with the new Crystals, I understand need even better water quality than Cherries. Good luck. I almost on a whim bought Black Crystals yesterday. Then decided I should think it all through to make sure which direction to go!

I am pretty excited that I have a couple berried Red Cherries! :dance:

Autumnsky said:
I also do a pwc before a new addition.

Have fun with the new Crystals, I understand need even better water quality than Cherries. Good luck. I almost on a whim bought Black Crystals yesterday. Then decided I should think it all through to make sure which direction to go!

I am pretty excited that I have a couple berried Red Cherries! :dance:

Thanks i am pretty stocked with them , only thing is one of them has passed away :( i did acclimatise them for an hour and a half and the others seem to still be alive but in hiding and still the waters perfect for them I checked yesterday and the temp is at 23 degrees c. I'm really hoping this is just them settling in and the rest will recover from the stress of moving especially into,a tank with little fishes. The cherrys are still fine I've noticed a few have been moulting which explains why they have been hiding away more than usual. Oh how exciting little baby cherrys :) I can't wait for mine to have little shrimplets and hoping some manage to survive. Do u have your with fish?

I have a 10 G tanks, full of RCS, they just keep reproducing. They live with 8 Galaxy Rasboras, and 8 cardinal tetras and 1 Panda Cory..... No issues so far of fish eating shrimps.

ejarmillo01 lucky you!!!

My shrimp are Red Cherry (around 40+) and some other color babies in with the 8 White Mountain Cloud Minnows starting to color up beautifully. 16G

Then in my 6.6G Edge I have Boraras Brigittae "Chilis" with some blue, bronze and a couple Yellow Cherries (around 12-15 in all). Yes I know they will cross breed, but they are still juveniles, and I am moving them as they color up to different tanks. They all came from the same guy and he received them from three different people so they are very colorful mix. lol
I am just having fun watching them grow from little babies.

All tanks have sand, white in the 16G and black in the Edge and many rocks and very planted, especially the 16 is a little like a jungle. Makes it hard to see lots of the shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom