Small white slugs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leek86

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey ive discovered about 4 tiny white slug/worm looking creatures on my glass the past 2 days, in the tank there are otocinclus, rcs and amano shrimp. Said "worms" are less that 1mm wide and maybe 4mm long at most. Any ideas what they could be?

No pics sorry, soon as I saw them I freaked and scraped them out and smushed them, what are planaria?

They are small flatworms. They do not hurt the fish, but they are often a sign that there is too much uneaten food hanging out in the gravel.

In that case, I shall do a very careful gravel vac in the morning, must be careful though as baby RCS have appeared

yeah they sound like nematodes / planaria. not dangerous, your fish may eat them, but they signify a not so clean tank

Overfeeding. Get guppies. They eat planaria like candy. I raise them to eat mosquitoe larva in my ponds, but when my tanks get planaria probs, I grab a dozen baby guppies, and they clear a tank in two to three days. No joke .

Back
Top Bottom