Snails!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alyxx

Aquarium Advice Addict
So after almost 6 months of keeping a breeding population of ramshorn snails I have finally had the population boom I've been looking for! I turned on the light in their tank today and the glass and gravel are all covered in baby snails. For the past couple weeks I've seen a lot but tonight there were tons! I had guppies in there until recently and I guess they were eating the newly hatched babies, seeing as the tank was always full of eggs but new juvenile snails. No more having to get pond snails picked out of tanks for my puffers! Just had to share. Haha, I'm celebrating something most aquarists dread...

Snails are easy to breed...just overfeed and their numbers will grow very quickly. I'm surprised it too THAT long to get the numbers up. You could have lots in a month or less if you give them plenty of food. Anyway, congrats on the "success".

They were just getting picked off before they could grow up. I figured as much, but had no other freshwater tank at that point.

congrats! The pond snails in my tank never had a crazy population, must be due to the guppies! i never thought of them eating the babies lol

Back
Top Bottom