Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

InxayonFinland

Aquarium Advice Activist
I woke up today and i found two snails that i have never seen before. I have never purchased them either. Should this be something I should be consurnd over? They are in my 12 gallon planted tank.

Did you just get new plants? They are hitchhikers. Depending on the kind of snail you may want to take them out. What do they look like?

If they were not obvious before, chances are that they are pest ramshorns or pond snails....eaters of plants, massive reproducers, and generally major annoyances....squarsh 'em!

Unfortunatly, 3/4 of any plants you may recieve from your LFS will have snails tagging along. They are usually too small for you're LFS to even notice and attempt to remove any for costomers. If you have 2 now; expect 30 in a few weeks lol. I say buy a clown loach :p

I had snails come in on my plants, I removed them as I saw them and I added 4 tetras on Sunday as part of my stocking plan (thees were my first fish). I haven't seen a snail since then. I know there were 2 in there before the fish went in and I have looked and they are either in hiding or gone. Anyway, I think with dillegence in removing them as you seen 'em you should be able to control them.

Back
Top Bottom