So I got a new project and its a little crabby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishnovice92

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have a 5 gal tank. With some fish, shrimp,and a snail.

Upgrading that one to a 20+ gal tank probably in January.

So my plan is to turn the 5 gal into a red crab aquarium.
And I have a small tank I can use to keep so small feeder fish in for when the crabs get big enough for it.

But I have I have couple predicaments I'm unsure how to solve.

I want to do a 50/50 tank
Sand for my land part of my tank with some plants, rocks, etc. and the wanted portionI want to do gravel

Any plants that red crabs won't eat. Was thinking of some small live plants.

Other thing I'm looking for a small filter or under gravel filter if I can get one small enough.

So I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions for me. Or just other ideas for my tank is really appreciate the feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I don't usually see too much crab or palladium talk on these forums. I'd suggest posting in the Invertebrates section, but I'm not sure if that would be any better.
I hope somebody can help you out, but don't get discouraged if the replies are sparse. It sounds like a cool idea.

Thanks I realized after I posted that I was probably in the wrong forum but I'm going to repost in invertebrates area thanks for the feedback

I haven't really read up on red crabs to much...but if you are interested in another species of crab I would suggest you check out vampire crabs they are pretty neat little guys that would do well with plants and they are small and fairly easy to breed I would definitely look into them if you don't have your heart set on a red crab...however it sounds like a fun project and Im sorry I couldn't help hope you get your questions answered but I hope you find the answers you were looking for

@jev12 reds is all I can find in my area of fl so far been looking around because I'd like a blue crab, being from Maryland and all, but am open to other species if I can find them locally

There is always the option of buying online...just make sure the seller has no negative feedback.

Back
Top Bottom