Some type of goldfish for a ten gallon? Or some other type of fish for that matter.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dylan5359

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was going to close down my ten gallon due to the fish inside overgrowing it. I never really had a goldfish (besides the carnival goldfish years ago) Does anyone know of a fish with a real personality I could get? You know how some fish after a long time of hand feeding will swim up to your hand? Some type of fish like that would be great. Doesn't have to be a goldfish and if only one would suite the tank that's cool too. I'm not a fan of tetras or danios, not sure why just personally never found them appealing. Thanks guys.

Yeah I was thinking a betta, but I really wanted to tackle something new. Any other ideas?

There really aren't many options for a 10 that would come close to what you described in the OP.

Afraid of that :/ Oh well. It was just an idea. This may seem OT, but whats the buzz with red cherry shrimp?

You could do some shell dwelling cichlids from lake tanganyika. They are really fun little fish and you could easily have a colony of 10 or so in there.

I really like them, if that is what you are asking... I have probably 50 of them in one of my 5 gal tanks...

mfdrookie516 said:
You could do some shell dwelling cichlids from lake tanganyika. They are really fun little fish and you could easily have a colony of 10 or so in there.

I'll be doing some research. Thanks. From lake tanganyika? I'm a little confused on that.

fort384 said:
I really like them, if that is what you are asking... I have probably 50 of them in one of my 5 gal tanks...

What do you like about them?

Just doing a little looking around before I completely shut the idea, do you think I would be able to keepca breeding pair of dwarf Gouramis In the tank? (I'm afraid it's a little small)

A pair of gouarmi in a 10 gal will not work. A pair of gourami usually won't work in a larger tank either. It seems you need to have just one, or a large group with atleast 3 males and a 2:1 female to male ratio. You could keep a few sparkling gourami in there however, or one dwarf gourami and a couple smaller fish.

Just doing a little looking around before I completely shut the idea, do you think I would be able to keepca breeding pair of dwarf Gouramis In the tank? (I'm afraid it's a little small)

I'm struggling to keep 3 Gourami (Opaline, Blue and Gold, and a Gold) in a 30 gallon because of how much they fight. I'm not sure what it is, but it seems like they like to fight just for the sake of fighting. You might have more luck with two females or even just one dwarf and a small school of fish to keep it company with the gourami as the one that likes to pay attention to you.

Dwarf Gouramis come in plenty of colors and have big personalities! I have one in my ten gallon, as well as some smaller fish.. so I agree with siva. My DG, Kenneth, is a rather dapper fellow. ;]
He will eat from my hand occasionally, but all fish are different.

I'd get a DG and then some smaller variety of corydora to swim along the bottom. But there are plenty of other options! If you go to the AqAdvisor site and put in your tank dimensions and then click "display fish suitable for tank" it could help you get some ideas of what to stock it with. Just a suggestion. :b

Back
Top Bottom