soon to be on a week and a half vacation. options?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

piao liang yu

Aquarium Advice Freak
What are my feeding options? I found a product i think made by tetra that supposedly lasts up to 14 days by just dropping into the tank. It is a tropical fish food. I plan to do a large water change the day before we leave and immediately when we return. I have heard the mechanical automatic feeders can sometimes malfunction and unload into the water, whereas this tropical food by tetra is slowly dissolved over the two weeks.

Thoughts? Also, what if any options do i have for my plants during my absence?

60 gallon long, 16 neon tetras, 4 guppies, 8 cherry barbs, 2 angelicus botia loaches (have a third ab loach ordered) 4 otocinclus, 2 red wag platies, 4 red cherry shrimp.

I typically feed on alternate days omega one super color color flakes and mysis shrimp flakes. Every three days i drop in two algae wafers and once a week i give a cube of omega one freeze dried tubifex worms.

Open to suggestions for while i am away as well to any revisions i should make going forward.

The only thing i do to my tanks is feed good two days before the following day a big water change. Put lights on timers if not already and go enjoy yourself. Dont worry about food they will be fine or better off than any other option. I do it this way one to two times a year for over a week at a time and they are fine.

I bought a fairly expensive automatic feeder ( we go out of town often) a few days before the trip, so I could see how it does, works wonderful! My fish love being on a schedule. Never had any problems.

Back
Top Bottom