starting up finally! 72 gallon bowfront...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I think that stress zyme bacteria worked! Added some more Ammonia yesterday, took it back up to about 3-5 ppm, still no nitrites and 5 ppm nitrates. Today ammonia is down again to 1 ppm, nitrites are still 0 and nitrates are 10ppm...I think this may be working. I shouldn't put any more ammonia in if it hits zero right? Or should I until I put fish in it?

Make sure you keep some sort of ammonia source in there until you do get fish so you dont lose the cycle. Dont add much, maybe a drop if that ever couple days, just so the bacteria stay around

woot! im back. heres the latest picture of the tank. im checking the tank daily, ammonia is 0 nitrites are still reading 0 and my nitrates are skyrocketing, should be ready for the water change by friday right on schedule to keep the nitrates below 100 ppm. my dad gave me 4 of his yellow lab "fry" that really took to the tank and their tank mates. i bought a male and female of each, 2 red zebras and 2 sunshine peacocks, and they get along great so far, and seem to really like the pairs also. i still wanna make sure to get at least one more female of each though, and we will see how the labs turn out as they get older. i still want more but lets see i haveta fight the urge to overstock... tell me what you guys and girls think all opinions welcome and appreciated!!

img_1034023_0_ce544753f4ea3eb015e3b06940ee3b3f.jpg

With cichlids you actually cut down the stress by overstocking. You spread out the aggresion so that one fish doesnt get picked on all the time.

Back
Top Bottom