Stocking a 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snailpufferguy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm looking for some ideas for a standard 10 gallon aquarium. I'm open to anything even if it's a single solitary fish. I was originally thinking a single betta macrostoma but I'd really love to see what you guys would stock in one. Don't be afraid to suggest "hard to find" either. Alright let's see what you guys come up with!

A couple African dwarf frogs, a single male betta, a colony of neocaridina shrimp, a couple pea puffers, some male endlers, scarlet badis, a dwarf crayfish, a mystery snail or two, or a colony of small killifish...
That's all I've got off the top of my head. Hope it helps :)

1. A group of 'Lamprologus' multifasciatus
  2. A pair of dwarf puffers
  3. A pair of Apistogramma baenschi and a group of nannostomus eques
  4. A pair of Nannacara taenia and a group of Boraras brigittae
  5. A pair of Ivanacara adoketa and an Otocinclus sp.
  6. 346 RCS
  7. A nano reef

pygmy cories + exclamation point rasboras

--

pea puffers

--

dwarf frogs

--

two male bettas with a divider or one male betta with some dwarf frogs, or a single male betta and some pygmy cories

--

shrimp, snails, serpaes

--

1. A group of 'Lamprologus' multifasciatus
  2. A pair of dwarf puffers
  3. A pair of Apistogramma baenschi and a group of nannostomus eques
  4. A pair of Nannacara taenia and a group of Boraras brigittae
  5. A pair of Ivanacara adoketa and an Otocinclus sp.
  6. 346 RCS
  7. A nano reef
Really great ideas! That's what I'm talking about

pygmy cories + exclamation point rasboras

--

pea puffers

--

dwarf frogs

--

two male bettas with a divider or one male betta with some dwarf frogs, or a single male betta and some pygmy cories

--

shrimp, snails, serpaes

--
Pygmy cories are awesome! They'd look sick with exclamation point rasboras

As mentioned earlier, Pygmy Corydoras would do well in a 10 gallon. If you have good water for shrimp, Red Cherry Shrimp would be a nice addition if the tank is planted. There are many varitires of snails out there, and there are even some snail enthusiasts on this forum. FYI, it wouldn't be too expensive to plant up a 10 gallon either if you would go low tech (if you ever need ideas and would want to consider it, just shoot me a PM). Here is a link to some more fish: http://absolutelyfish.com/11-freshwater-nano-fish-for-your-aquarium/

Honey Gourami are nice as well. They are very peaceful--much more so than a lot of other gourami.

Least killifish
Pygmy killifish
Gold australe killi
Licorice gourami
Sparkling gourami
Rosy loaches
Clown killies
Desert gobies
CPDs
Dwarf emerald rasbora
Endlers
Daisy's rice fish