Stocking a 29 gallon: Thoughts & Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleco11771

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I just received an Aqueon 29 gallon kit for Christmas. I started the cycle yesterday using water and filter media from an existing tank.

Substrate is sand and this will be a non-planted tank with LED lighting. Im using a Whisper 30 as well as a Whisper 10.

Was looking for some ideas on stocking and a good centerpiece fish or maybe even making it a single species tank with a cichlid or some type of catfish.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

A pair of angelfish with some corydoras would look nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

A pair of angelfish with some corydoras would look nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I was considering Angels but I thought they might get to big, I am a big fan of Cory's!

I had a 29 gallon community tank before I upgraded them, but I had: panda cories, ember tetras, rummynose tetras, and I had a pair of German Blue Rams as the centerpiece. You could do gouramis instead of the rams or even a nice flashy betta if you found one with an even temperament. All but one of my bettas enjoys a community tank.

Considering African Cichlids... Would anyone be able to help me out as far as how I could stock it?

Also do these require anything special besides specific PH and rocks/caves as far as care goes?

Back
Top Bottom