Stocking advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikey214

Aquarium Advice Freak
Good afternoon everyone !

Just looking for some stocking suggestions to help complete my tank. My tank is fully cycled and has been for a couple years.

My current set up is a 29 gallon tank with a 50 gallon aquaclear HOB filter. I also had a sponge filter in the tank which I used to help cycle my tank .... I just never took it out.

My current stock is:
1 bristlenose pleco - he is quite large I purchased him in 2013.
6 black neon tetra’s
3 rosy barb (should I add two more)

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello! That’s a very interesting selection! I love Bristlenose plecos, but it all depends what you’re looking for! It looks to me like you’d want a fish that stands out by itself. Dwarf Gouramis are an excellent choice, idk how the Rosy Bards will like them, I’ve never kept them myself. A Molly, or a few Platies would look great. Great bottom feeders are Corydoras, or Pictus Catfish. Anyways, I’m sure whatever you choose will look great

Hello! That’s a very interesting selection! I love Bristlenose plecos, but it all depends what you’re looking for! It looks to me like you’d want a fish that stands out by itself. Dwarf Gouramis are an excellent choice, idk how the Rosy Bards will like them, I’ve never kept them myself. A Molly, or a few Platies would look great. Great bottom feeders are Corydoras, or Pictus Catfish. Anyways, I’m sure whatever you choose will look great

Thanks for the reply! The dwarf gouramis sounds like a good idea.

Anyone else have any other suggestions ?

Dwarfs seem to be diseased from bad breeding practices....I've owned a few.

Pearl Gourami
Honey Gourami
Angelfish
Firemouth cichlid
Bolivian Ram

Back
Top Bottom