Stocking check

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jjbeno

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've done a lot of research about my stocking but I just wanted to hear some peoples opinions about what i plan on stocking. I have a 55 g long with a Whisper EX70 and a Lustar Hydrosponge filter III. Here's what i plan to put in there.
7 murray river rainbowfish (australian rainbowfish)
6 Congo tetras
6 Peppered cories
1 angelfish
1 rainbow shark
1 bolivian ram
3 bamboo shrimp
2 mystery snails

According to aqadvisior this puts me at 115% stocking with 110% filter capacity.
Do you think its okay that my stocking level is 115%? i really dont want to leave anything off this list its been a long time coming haha
BTW i already have the rainbow shark, the rainbowfish, and the angel (although he is still in a 10 gallon right now) so those have to stay

Thanks for your repsonse:brows::brows:(y)

Deleted to prevent spread of wrong information

Last edited:
my knowledge is pretty limited but from what ive read i inferred that they are more aggressive if they have a chance to pair and breed. I hope thats the case because i dont have room for 2 angels and my rainbowfish and my congos :facepalm:

my knowledge is pretty limited but from what ive read i inferred that they are more aggressive if they have a chance to pair and breed. I hope thats the case because i dont have room for 2 angels and my rainbowfish and my congos :facepalm:

Don't take my word for it, I just remembered reading that in a forum, some forum people are wrong and I may very well be one of those people, so don't feel like your hopes are dashed, as I could be completely wrong. I'll let someone with more experience with angels say, I like small fish.

Stock looks good to me! Just keep Up on your parameters and water changes and I see no problem with it honestly. Make sure your tank has tons of caves and plants, the sharks can be territorial but this can be curved by having enough plants to break eyesight and enough territory for everyone to pick from and not having many other bottom dwellers. Good luck!

No, my solo angel is fine with small tetras and is very mellow. Single angelfish are fine.

Yes, i wouldnt worry about the angle being mean. I had a full grown angle in my 55g with neons, rasboas, and giant danios. The angle fish was never mean. She likes hiding in her little cave

Agrees sounds like a good stock to me just keep up on water changes!

Back
Top Bottom