Stocking my 30g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Omch

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello I currently have 3 panda Cory's ,
1 golden bushynose pleco, 5 serpae tetras, 3 neon tetras, 1 white cloud minnow (was given as a neon cuz they were in the same tank at store) and 6 endlers. I have fake plants. On my next visit to my lfs I was planning on buying 3 more neons and 6 cardinals. And after that I was planning on topping off the population with more endlers or 3 guppies and endlers. My question would be will my next round of tetras cap my tank? And if not how many endlers could I get after?. The cats and the pleco are all very small currently

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388975416.732639.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388975428.515687.jpg

Pleco is hiding but I'd say its similar age to the Cory's

I would stick with neons OR cardinals. They look pretty much the same, so might as well just make the schooler bigger. Adding more cories would be advisable as well, they like groups. So 6 corys, 8 neons, BN Pleco, 9 endler, 5 serpae, 1 lonely minnow. That's good, even a few more minnows would work.

The minnow isn't lonely I added the live bearers last and he's taking a liking to them he will nibble at the algae on the walls with them, some thing he hasn't done and he was first in the tank with the tetras (originally 6 serpaes, 5 neon and one white cloud) I have since switched fish store locations as the first ones fish were smaller and duller in comparison since switching stores I've had no more deaths which is why I was gonna replenish the neons

I'm asking for some stocking help for my 36g bow front, and I happened upon AqAdvisor. I haven't had many responses to my post, but it seems very helpful for assessing your tanks population.

R
p.s. it also tells you the proper minimum populations for your fish.

They're my fav :). I know the tetras are supposed to be in grps of 6ish minimum which I bought 6 of each at the start but the first store I went to the fish seemed not as healthy as the new location I'm going to and had a couple die I intend to top up the tetras in a couple days. The Cory's are supposed to be six as well but seem quite content as 3 and will often spread out or hang out as a pair and a loner and the minnow was a mistake he came as a neon tetra and I didn't notice until I got home as I bought them Xmas eve as a gift for my daughter and the store was pretty crazy

I have two albino cory and they are all over the place. I think I'm going to get some more and see how it goes. I'll keep you posted. They seem fine, but hide until food hits the tank or I move the gravel.

My cats are like a little tank squad constantly swimming along the floor I'm really happy with them too and would get more but they grow a bit bigger than the other fish I was planning on keeping and didn't want to eat up too much room with them

Do yours eat shrimp pellets? I find mine bump into them and ignore them.. The serpaes like to pick them up and drop them all over though..

Back
Top Bottom