Stocking question?! Please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hcourts said:
I have four albino cories and they are all full grown at about an inch and a half. I also have four three lined cories and they are full grown and not as big. So specialty pets will give ya some store credit for the ones your taking in. They also have( or did have;) amano shrimp. I just got three Pygmy cories and they are pretty awsome!! Here are some pics of my cories...

I love these guys!! They are so active and they each rest with their respective counterparts!!

Don't see any pictures...haha.
But how do you know they're full grown? Also I've never seen amanos there. Actually called them earlier and asked about trade ins. Guy was like "We're out of power right now" I said, "okay, well I was just gonna ask if you'd trade me..." he cut me off and said, "yeah you're just gonna have to come in tomorrow" like alright @$$hole. Makes me not wanna give them business. They always act like I'm a bother.

hcourts said:
I have four albino cories and they are all full grown at about an inch and a half. I also have four three lined cories and they are full grown and not as big. So specialty pets will give ya some store credit for the ones your taking in. They also have( or did have;) amano shrimp. I just got three Pygmy cories and they are pretty awsome!! Here are some pics of my cories...

I love these guys!! They are so active and they each rest with their respective counterparts!!

I see the pics now. Are they hard on your bioload? If they max out a 1.5 I'll be getting them.

Rivercats said:
Male albinos can max out at about 2-1/2 inches and females from 2-3/4 to 3 inches.

I need somebody to provide proof for each argument because as of right now the information I've gathered is that the albino cory's max size is anywhere from 1 to 3 inches.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience:( mine are all at least a year old and the pics of the white ones are two of my largest females. I have three females and one male and he is smaller then the others. Fish are like kids. You never know how big they are gonna get;) and I only have four. I think you would be good with four of them:) it's so neat watching them sift sand through their gills:)

hcourts said:
I'm sorry you had a bad experience:( mine are all at least a year old and the pics of the white ones are two of my largest females. I have three females and one male and he is smaller then the others. Fish are like kids. You never know how big they are gonna get;) and I only have four. I think you would be good with four of them:) it's so neat watching them sift sand through their gills:)

So you think they'd trade me even for my zebras?

For four albino cories?? They may. I traded in two common Pleco for one of their albino long fin bristle noses. I also took them a bunch of snails;) I would just ask em. Normally he's pretty good about that sort of thing. He was prob just stressing over the power. I know I would be. He has a lot of money in his stock. He has a lot of salty stuff too

hcourts said:
For four albino cories?? They may. I traded in two common Pleco for one of their albino long fin bristle noses. I also took them a bunch of snails;) I would just ask em. Normally he's pretty good about that sort of thing. He was prob just stressing over the power. I know I would be. He has a lot of money in his stock. He has a lot of salty stuff too

You said something about having some plants didn't you?

I have water sprite, wisteria, red ludwagia, a crypt i could possible part with, a java fern I could possibly part with, java moss...

Hmmm

I don't know about all of those bottom feeders in one tank. Your Corey's will make life tough on the shrimp but other than that sounds pretty good.(y)

My brother has 4 albino cories we added to his 220 gallon tank back in March. I saw them last weekend and they were 3" easy...the smallest maybe 2.5". I'm not sure how long they take to be fully grown...but these guys were only 3/4" when I got them 7 months ago. Cute little guys...I love cories. :)

UPDATE. Current stock:
4 albino corries
1 male swordtail
1 female black molly
1 male guppy
3 regular male endlers
1 cobra male endlers

I'll post pics later!

Could someone tell me if that stock is okay? I'm going to add another male guppy for sure. Any suggestions other than that?

Asking what size a fish will get is like asking how much a newborn is going to weigh when it is an adult. Fish are just like people, and can max out at varying sizes. Yeah, you might have one that maxes out at 1.5" but you could get an entire school that maxes out at the larger end of the spectrum.

Back
Top Bottom