Stocking29 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishlover3578

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Can I have a dwarf gourami with my 5 female guppy, 3 Male guppy , 3 peppered cory cat and two Julius cory cat? If I can how many ? Tank has marineland penguine bio wheel 200 with two filters in it and some white rock things to control ammonia and nitrite I also was considering some ghost shrimp

Is your tank cycled? Sounds good to me but instead of 3 peppered and 2 julis why not 5 pep or 5 juli, it would be better for the corys to have more piers.

I read that they will still group together plus that would probably overstock my tank if I ha 5 of each

I'm doing fish In cycle it's going well I added old filter from established tank I will test water every couple days. It's been up for a month or more now . I did not know about fishless cycle when I began

Not 5 of each bit 5 of one. Yes they can be ok together but would be better in groups by themselves. Have you looked at sterbai corys?

Well I like the combination .. I have but the store doesnt ever have them in... All I have is Petsmart and Petco and I don't think I want to part with the ones I have to do a trade even if I could cuz I can't now unless I trade Julie's for peppered but I like them to much

Once the tank cycles, I see no reason why you couldn't keep 10 corys in your 29 gallon. You have no other bottom dwelling fish, should be plenty of room for them. Get the gourami if you want it too.

That's to many to me .... I want variety and don't want to overstock I have fry I may want to keep from the ten gal I seperated the fry into

Can you have tetra of different colors together like a bleeding heart a black and a few other colors one of each color in a group?

Gourami

Would gourami be aggressive toward cory cat or guppies... Would they eat guppy fry? I'm considering it for my 29 gal

Don't guppies eat guppy fry? And I think your bet bet would be a dwarf groumai, add plenty on hiding spaces an the fry should be fine

If I thought that would overstock your tank I wouldn't have suggested it.

The tetras you mentioned are not just different color variants, but different species. They may hang out together, but would be more comfortable in groups of their own species.

Well it would have me at 17 fish and it is a 29 gal tank.. Just seems like alot of bottom feeder fish to me . I may keep it as is and get a small group of my favorite color tetra and one or two gourami how many gourami and tetra should I have minimum ? How long should I wait to add ghost shrimp? Would they be safe with my fish ?

Once guppies have fry I plan to catch and move them to the ten gal in basement. This is my tank how many dwarf gourami should I have one or would it be happier with more ?

image-586537384.jpg

Once guppies have fry I plan to catch and move them to the ten gal in basement. This is my tank how many dwarf gourami should I have one or would it be happier with more ?

Only 1, there territorial. I would also add more fake plants to e on the safe side.mabye some floating ones

Not sure where I would put the plants.... Maybe I will skip the gourami and just get some tetra ... I might try gourami see how it goes ... I will buy it right before shipment day so its there almost a week at store then quarantine a week and the watch a week in 29 gal see how it goes . I can only return it up to two weeks after purchase

One gourami- most of the time you can only find males in stores and multiple males will probably fight.

Minimum number of tetras, I'd say 5-6, but their behavior is more interesting to watch in larger groups.

Ok I know my dad has just a few blood tetra together maybe 4 or 5 and about 3 glo fish tetra he was given

I mean, it's not like they're going to die if you keep them in smaller groups (although I see people say that from time to time, lol). It's just that they behave more naturally in larger groups, and are typically more gregarious.

Back
Top Bottom